Friday, May 27, 2011

Setting the mood.

This song should NEVER be played on ANYONE'S morning commute to work.  Especially on days when it is gloomy and rainy and you can not drag yourself out of bed, so you hit the snooze FOUR times and then had to rush yourself so that you're not super late for work and your hair looks like a wreck.  And since you couldn't drag yourself out of bed, you didn't have time to stop at Starbucks for a latte.  And since you didn't have time to stop at Starbucks for a latte, you are drinking water from your water bottle from yesterday that is luke warm and wait, this water bottle is from yesterday, right??


On the contrary, THIS song should ALWAYS be played on a morning commute to work.  Especially when the sun is shining, and you're having a really great hair day.  And you also got moving and grooving this morning because you went to bed at 8:00 the night before because you knew that you wanted to have a good hair day.  Since you got up and going so quickly instead of hitting the snooze three times, you had PLENTY of time to put on your sunglasses and drive to Starbucks for a special treat... AND a bottle of FRESH, UNOPENED water!!!  And guess what else!  You walked into the office at 8:01 instead of 8:14!!!  Win.


Needless to say, the music that I hear on my morning commute to work OBVIOUSLY has an influence on my day.  Some days are better than others. 

For all of you who are wondering: yes.  I do sing very loudly as I bop my head and smile and look into other car's windows as I am using my phone as a microphone and imagining myself performing on stage singing along to the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment