Friday, May 20, 2011

FYI: The world is ending tomorrow.

So.  It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.


Confession: I actually am NOT fine with the world ending tomorrow.  


Reasons I am not ok with this whole "world-end" thing:
  • I just ordered new jeans online, and they're not supposed to arrive until NEXT WEEK.
  • There is a little person growing in Jenna's womb, and I really would like to know if it is a girl or a boy.
  • I would like to have the opportunity to get to know said child in womb.
  • Taylor is graduating high school, and at the party we're having a pig roast, and I just love pig roasts.
  • There are a lot of weddings going on this summer that I/Peter was invited to, and one of my top 25 favorite things to do it attend weddings.
  • I still didn't print the pictures to put in the frames that are hanging empty above my couch.
  • I'd really like to know what it feels like to not have any car payments (... that won't be for like 5 years or something).
  • I need to see the FINAL PART of Harry Potter.
  • I haven't met a celebrity.
  • I don't have a Twitter.
  • And the most important reason: I want need to know what Peter is getting me for my birthday that is in 38 days.
Phone conversation with Peter about the world ending:

Peter: So did you know the world is ending tomorrow?


Sara: Yeah.


Peter: Ok.  Yeah.  The world is ending tomorrow.


Sara: So, what are we going to do tonight?  Something exciting since the world is ending tomorrow?


Peter: Well, we can go out to dinner?


Sara: That's IT?  That's ALL we're doing and the world is ENDING tomorrow?


Peter: Well, what do you want to do, rob a bank or something?


Sara: YES.


Peter: We can get ice cream after dinner.


Sara: YES.  OK.


Peter: What else are we going to do?


Sara: I don't want to think about it right this second.  I'll see you later.


*click*


Here's to hoping that wasn't one of the last conversations I'll ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment