Saturday, February 4, 2012

WE ARE IN IT TO WIN IT. (We hope)

Does anyone even read this thing anymore?  

I know.  I've been horrible lately.  But I have a really good excuse.  I really really REALLY have been wanting to do a blog post about my life, but I just couldn't because I wasn't allowed to say some really exciting news.  And I knew that I would spill the beans because it has been ALL I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS.

No, I'm not pregnant.  That would not be very exciting news at this point in my life.

Now I will tell you the story of our journey to WIN A WEDDING.  And we are SO close.  

Back in the very beginning of January, Peter's mom called us and told us about a contest that the local Lake Geneva radio station was doing.  After some googling and a little consideration between Peter and myself, myself and my mom, myself and my sisters, myself and Peter's mom, and anyone else that I thought would have some good insight, we decided to fill out the registration form so that we could potentially win a wedding.

The form was kind of fun to fill out - we really struggled with "telling our love story" because there are a couple of important key points that made the proposal even better.  After typing out everything that we wanted to say, we had a whopping 2 pages of love story, but they only allotted for about 3/4 of a page.  So we cut.  And cut.  And cut.  And finally, submitted something that included bits of my engagement blog post, bits of Peter's humor, and bits of truth (just kidding - majority of the truth...).

The rest of the form were questions like "How important is it that your wedding have a theme?" and "how many bridesmaids/groomsmen do you want".  When I filled out the form on my own, I put down "Not important" and "8" respectively.  Peter got his hand on the form, and the answers ended up looking something like this (My responses are in bold.  Peter's are in italics.):

How important is it that your wedding have a theme? Not important.  Peter jokingly says he wants a Star Wars theme but I can assure you he is joking.  RIGHT PETER?  We will NOT be having a Star Wars theme wedding.

How many bridesmaids/groomsmen do you want? 8.  Sara has a huge family, and Peter is just ridiculously popular.  (Peter wrote that.)

Anyways, you get the picture.   We submitted our form along with a picture of us looking all in love and stuff.

Best hair day of my life.  Can't replicate that.
 After it was in, I obsessed about whether or not we would win kind of forgot about the contest.  Work was getting busy, and my social life was OBVIOUSLY just booming.

And then, about 10 days (but who was counting?  Certainly not me) later, I got a phone call from the radio station while I was at work.


WLKG: HI!  Congratulations!  You and Peter and semi-finalists in the win a wedding competition!!!

Sara: We ARE?  THAT IS SO GREAT!!!!!

But since I was at work, I had to stay all cool, calm, and collected, which is NOT one of my gifts.  Anyway, the rest of the day is a blur because I was trying to work, but I was also trying to figure out how we can win this wedding, and I had to call everyone I knew, of course.

Oh, I forgot to tell you.  I asked the radio station if there was a date set for the wedding.  I haven't mentioned this, but it's important to the story - Peter and I were planning on getting married June of 2013.  If we win the wedding, the date will be pushed up significantly.

To the end of April.

2012.

I about fainted when the girl on the phone told me that.  

Cue anxiety.  I wouldn't describe myself as an anxious person, but oh my WORD what a horrible feeling.  I was jittery all the time like I was hopped up on 5 cans of Red Bull, I couldn't focus, and I was EXHAUSTED.  I didn't want to talk to anyone because I didn't want to cry about it.  It. was. awful.  

And then it got better.  6 days after we found out we were semi-finalists, we had a meeting in Lake Geneva about the contest rules and things, and after everything was figured out, my anxiety went away.  And my competitiveness kicked in.  


WE ARE IN IT TO WIN IT.  Hopefully...

And now, here I am today getting ready to sell myself at Winterfest in Lake Geneva to get people's votes.

What I need YOU to do is PLEASE spread the word!!!  Voting runs from February 4-Feburary 12, and you can vote ONCE A DAY.  Peter and I REALLY want to win, because we think it would be SO much fun. 

CLICK RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW to vote, and also to listen to our radio interview that we just blew out of the water.  Actually, when we walked out of the studio, we felt like real schmucks because we thought we SOUNDED like real schmucks.  

The older generation has been telling me we're adorable.

SO STOP JUDGING US, WE WERE TRYING TO BE ADORABLE.

And now, please vote for us.  Because how AWESOME would it be if we WON our WEDDING??????

:)

CLICK HERE TO VOTE PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment