Sunday, September 11, 2011

PBS

I wasn't going to post anything today about September 11.


But I'm watching the documentary on CBS, and crying again as they show footage of the towers disintegrating.


Most people remember where they were when the towers went down.  They remember thoughts, pictures, emotions.


I remember too.


I also remember, that two days after September 11, my mom turned on PBS.  And she left it on all the time, because she didn't want us seeing all of those images over and over and over.


I'm glad that she did that, because even when I was 14 years old, I remember watching PBS after school, and feeling like at least one thing in the world was still normal and consistent.


Everyone on Facebook today is posting things like "Never forget".


I don't think any of us will.

No comments:

Post a Comment