Thursday, June 23, 2011

Behind the Scenes

Every once in a while when I get bored REALLY want to get to know what kind of people read my blog, I take a little peak behind the scenes at the stats.  Now, I don't do this very often at all, mostly because I'll get depressed if I see that no one reads my blog (by the way, if you do read, you should become a follower of my blog (on the right), and also follow me on Twitter @saravander - maybe I'll give you a prize!), and no one wants to deal with a depressed Sara.  Especially someone whose name starts with a P and ends with an eter.


Today when I took a look at the stats, I found out some very interesting and really weird things.  


Like.  The most viewed blog post of all time was Nosebleeds and Coldsores.  People - you are disgusting.  I was thinking about how THIS POST is the most viewed of ALL TIME (my personal favorite  is the one where I ruined Peter's birthday), and I couldn't figure it out... And then I found something very interesting and a little disturbing.


My blog is a public blog, so if people type something into Google, one of the search results may just be my blog, and someone might think that I have advice or something, and they MAY just click on the link.  Searches that lead people to my blog that have relevance to the nosebleed/coldsore post:


"Coldsore STD"
"Nosebleed coldsore STD"
"i have coldsores do i have std"


I hope that these people found guidance from my blog post.


The most interesting search that lead people to my blog was this:


"I grew a goatee and people are calling me a poser. why"


I don't have a specific post on this, but I think that people are calling you a poser because you are probably in high school and can't REALLY grow a goatee, but you are trying very hard to look more like a man.  Unfortunately, it ends up looking more like you missed a little patch while you were shaving.  But I don't know that for a fact, since I don't know who you are.  But I hope that I helped.  Trust me, speaking as someone who is a little bit judgey, do yourself, as well as those around you, a favor, and shave it off.  No one will call you hurtful names anymore.


Other searches include:

  • "aren't we all dying" - please reference Peter's email.
  • "brandy old fashioned tshirt" - dang these are good.
  • "english sucks" - I know.
  • "how to make friday's strawberry lemonade" - I don't know, but I recommend not using real strawberry chunks.
Let's get serious - I'm just happy that people are somehow led to my blog.  No matter how you got here, welcome!  I like you!

By the way: my birthday is in 4 days.  Yay!

And now look at this funny baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment